Updating LDD3

Liam Ryan liamryandev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:58:04 EDT 2017

I'm currently working through the Linux Device Drivers 3rd edition
(https://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/) and much of the code is outdated.

Right now I'm going through chapter 3 and rewriting the scull.c sample
code so that it will compile with 4.14.x

I'm wondering about the Creative Commons license on the LDD3 book. I believe I would be able to annotate or alter the pdf files and re-publish them once I respect the license, however I'm wondering if this would be considered bad form? I assume there's a reason somebody else has not done this to date?

Obviously as a kernel newbie I'm not best positioned to do this work but
I'm happy to make a start and publish to a wiki or similar in a few
months once I've gone through everything.

Thanks,
Liam