help in the MM Area of the Linux Kernel

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Oct 9 22:56:40 EDT 2017

On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 21:58:27 -0400, Jeffrey Walton said:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 09:50:21 +0800, Yubin Ruan said:
> > um...terabyte of RAM? Can you name one of those machine with so much RAM?
>
> 4 TB: http://investors.cray.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=98390&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1855272
> 64 TB: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7302770
> 690 TB: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(supercomputer)

Heck, Dell will sell you a 4U rack-mount with 3T in it.  Got probably a half-dozen
of them across the hall from my office for the HPC people.  And we probably got
a hundred or so nodes with 512G of RAM across the various clusters.

And IBM will sell you a System/Z Z14 with 32T of memory, and crazy amounts of
I/O capability (Imagine the equivalent of 320 PCI slots....)

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/17/ibm_latest_mainframe_z14/
https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?htmlfid=ZSD03046USEN&

And yes, it will run Linux, it's a s390 architecture box.