My kernel patch was rejected with comments

Ozgur Karatas mueddib at goosey.org
Wed Mar 22 08:50:56 EDT 2017

22.03.2017, 15:22, "Pranay Srivastava" <pranjas at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

firstly, you should attention here, please add rows to the answer lines, all developers like to read and habit.

example, you say Hi and I add new line and I say hi :)

>>>  You don't send the new patch as a reply. You may, if you wish, reply
>>>  to the maintainer (or reviewer) with some comments that you understand
>>>  and intend on implementing their suggestions (and thanks) or
>>>  disagreeing as it may be.

Please don't send it again, find out why you are being objected and prove your right to be right.
we are striving for Linux development here and long as you work for Linux,
you can discuss it with thousands of emails, not problem.

P.S.: everyone will read those who don't have time will not answer, I don't know.

>>  @Tobin: Thanks a lot for your response. It is very helpful.
>>
>>  How do I reply to the maintainer or how do people reply to
>>  maintainers? gmail web gui may not be a good idea.. right?
>
> Make sure you select plain text mode from gmail web-gui while replying.

Please send only text, very simple e-mail. don't include ads, signatures, jpeg or even attachment.
it should be reply e-mail just text only :)

>>  or Should I set up evolution or thunderbird for this?
>>  (as mentioned here:
>>  https://01.org/linuxgraphics/gfx-docs/drm/process/email-clients.html)
>
> Not really required but yeah nice to have this.
>
>>>  You then re-work your patch and submit it as normal using git
>>>  send-email. But you put v2 in the subject. You can use
>>>
>>>  git format-patch -X --subject-prefix='PATCH v2' --numbered --cover-letter
>>>
>>>  (where X is the number of commits to add to the series, assuming it is
>>>  a series).
>>>
>>>  In the cover letter add a section stating the changes since v1, for
>>>  example
>>>
>>>  v1 -> v2
>>>   - use foo() instead of bar()
>>>
>>>  If it is a single patch, you may wish to just edit the subject
>>>  manually. Make sure you put the version change information below the
>>>  --- line so it is not included if/when the patch gets merged.
>>
>>  Could you please explain the last para? I did not understand "below
>>  the --- line"
>>
>>  Thanks & regards, Pj

Regards,

Ozgur