cannot insmod sculld in ldd3

Freeman Zhang freeman.zhang1992 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 00:19:58 EDT 2017

Hi Greg,

On 3/13/17 3:03 AM, Greg KH wrote:

> 'depmod' handles all of this when you install a kernel and its modules.

Thanks for that information, now I take 'depmod' seriously and stop
making up inelegant methods. I studied the 'kmod', both its behaviors
and codes, and got plenty of ideas about module symbol stuff.

However, I am still wondering why copy Module.symvers file works too, at
building time?

>	step 1.   build lddbus, generate `*.ko` and `Module.symvers`
>	step 2.   copy `Module.symvers` located in lddbus directory
>	          to sculld directory
>	step 3.   build sculld

All the best!
Freeman