Kernel schedules kernel tasks on isolated cpus, SCHED_FIFO prevents kernel tasks from running

Andrei Hurynovich ahurynovich at charlesworthresearch.com
Wed Jun 28 15:02:37 EDT 2017

Thank you Valdis.

Yes, I'm basically getting what I want - the RT proc never ever gives up
to the system. There are a plenty of cores left to run non-rt tasks on
the machine.

The question is why this old 2.6 kernel decide that it needs per-cpu
events and kblockd tasks.

Maybe someone can give a hint in what subsystem's documentation can I
find anything about workqueue tasks.

/Documentation/kernel-per-CPU-kthreads.txt is great, but described
controls appeared only in 3.10.x :)

--
Thanks,
Andrei Hurynovich