initrd and messages in the kernel log

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 06:23:41 EST 2017

Hello Greg,
Thanks for the quick response.
I investigate more and came to the conclusion that for a specific
network driver, there are messages in kernel log which originate from
initrd and not from the modules under /lib/modules/...
Please let me rephrase the question, I was not clear enough about what
my query is, as the point here is not missing messages:

Is there a way to know which messages in the kernel log are originated
from initrd and which are not ? is there some entry in the log file
that can tell us that all messages before it (till the boot itself)
are originated from initrd and all messages after (till next boot) are
not from initrd but from /lib/modules and/or /boot/vmlinuz?

Thanks,
Kevin