Which repository to clone ?

srishti sharma srishtishar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:09:18 EST 2017

Hey,
I am an absolute newbie , I tried to clone greg kroah-hartman's
staging tree repository , somehow I was not able to boot in the kernel
I built .

Also, Does this command below give me the latest kernel code ?

I have tried to clone another repository using the command below

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

while building with this , I had to install gcc plugin-dev . I don't
understand why ?
I didn't have to do it last time I built the kernel

Regards