building debug version of klibc

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Dec 30 07:00:01 EST 2017

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:54:05 +0300, Anatoly Pugachev said:
> Hello!
>
> Can someone please help me in building debug version of klibc ?
>
> I've cloned git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/klibc/klibc.git  , but
> failed to build it with debug info
>
> added "-g" to HOSTCFLAGS in Makefile, but

Hint:  HOSTCFLAGS is applied to code that needs to run on the machine that's
doing the build, not the target code.  So for instance, if I'm cross-compiling on
an x86_64 	for an ARM target (which I do quite a bit, building Lede router images
for my wireless), HOSTCFLAGS is applied to any x86_64 utility code that gets
built.  I don't know what code is in klibc, but an example in the kernel source
tree would be 'objtool' - that runs on the host system during the build, not at runtime.

> I started to get segfault in fstype:

> linux-2.6$ make install
>  DEPMOD  4.15.0-rc5-00149-g5aa90a845892
> sh ./arch/sparc/boot/install.sh 4.15.0-rc5-00149-g5aa90a845892 arch/sparc/boot/zImage \
>        System.map "/boot"

What directory did you do that in?  It looks like you're trying to install a whole
new kernel image, not a new initramfs that has an updated klibc on it.