Device driver over network

Max Ruttenberg mruttenberg at emutechnology.com
Mon Dec 18 16:30:49 EST 2017

Hi all,

I have two compute nodes on a machine that are both running embedded
Linux. The nodes are connected to each other over Ethernet.

The both have an i2c bus. Node A has a thermal sensor. Node B has three fans.

Right now I have a user space application running on node B that uses
ssh to read from node A's thermal sensor and then adjust the fan
speeds accordingly. I am wondering if there's away instead to have a
hwmon driver running on Node B for the thermal monitor running on node
A. This way I could get rid of the user space application and replace
it with something a little bit more standard like thermald.

Is this something that people have done? Maybe if not this
specifically, how about a driver for a device over the network?

--
Max Ruttenberg,
Member of the Technical Staff