Kernel Compiling Issue

Alexander Kapshuk alexander.kapshuk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 01:20:49 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 6:52 AM, Herb Garcia <Portamex at garlic.com> wrote:
> I recently learned how to compile the kernel on my Debian PC. What I'm running into is the default kernel runs well with no issues. With that said, when I will run menu oldconfig. To keep the current settings. When Alall said and done. When I reboot my PC. I get this error: failed to. Start load/save screen backlight brightness
>
> Any suggestions appreciated
>
> ~H.P. Garcia

Linux Kernel in a Nutshell [1] is a good reference on how to configure
and build custom kernels.
The Debian Administrator's Handbook offers instructions on how to
build a custom kernel the Debian way [2].

[1] http://www.kroah.com/lkn/
[2] https://debian-handbook.info/browse/stable/sect.kernel-compilation.html