Don't know where to start linux kernel programming

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 19:26:06 EDT 2017

> PS My apologies in advance if I initially flub things related to
> certain parts of emailing this list. Like starting with this email,
> I've culled some of the reply-to because I assume you all are already
> directly following this mailing list. :)

Don't do that culling.  On the kernel related lists, Reply-all is the
only acceptable protocol.

There are 2 reasons:

- With the huge volume of emails, it lets active participants in a
thread use a email rule to pull those messages out into their own
folder for priority review.

- There are a bunch of kernel related mailing lists.  I assume no one
subscribes to them.  But what happens if you want to ask a simple
question on the SATA list and you're not subscribed?   You don't have
to subscribe, just send an email to the right address and all the
participants in the thread will do a reply-all so you can see the

Greg