Don't know where to start linux kernel programming

Tobin C. Harding me at tobin.cc
Tue Aug 22 18:55:16 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 04:22:34PM +0530, SUNIL KHORWAL wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to linux kernel programming, I want to be a linux kernel hacker but
> i don't know where to start.
> Please help me.

I recently wrote some blog posts on this topic. You can check them out at

	http://tobin.cc/blog

Greg is correct (as usual), there are loads of things to do in drivers/staging/*

IMHO don't bother venturing far outside of staging for a while, and definitely don't submit cleanup
patches to code outside of staging. You can safely get started learning kernel dev process patching
staging/*

Good luck,
Tobin.