Error while sending a mail from mutt

Amit Kumar free.amit.kumar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 01:19:08 EDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 01:02:48AM +0530, AYAN KUMAR HALDER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to send a mail using mutt. I am getting the error as follows :-
>
> SMTP session failed: 501 5.5.4
>
> I understand the error meant that a valid mail transaction protocol
> was used with invalid arguments. Please let me know how do I debug
> this issue further.
Hi,
https://github.com/freeark1/something-to-share
Please follow above URL, there you will find muttrc and msmtprc.
Change settings in both files as it suits you.
Copy muttrc in .mutt directory in $HOME
Copy msmtprc as .msmtprc in $HOME
Install msmtp
NB: ca trust file location for debian based system is different.
If any doubt, please mail.

Regards,
Amit Kumar