USB shutdown issue

manty kuma mantykuma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 06:34:06 EDT 2017

Thanks Valdis. That explanation helps.

Could you help me with the location of code that detects the electrical
noise and shuts down ths USB?

Let me explain my situation more clarly.

1. The Edison based board has only 1 USB port. But since we are having
multiple USB devices that needs to be connected to this board(speaker, NFC
reader, Modem), we are using a USB Hub.
2. There are many systems with this setup. While all these devices are
mostly onine, a few of them(2/10 devices) went offline for some time.
3. I am trying to debug this issue. I have only limited logs available and
hence I am trying to reproduce the issue by trying some random things.
4. In the debug environment, i have not used the USB Hub. I connected USB
Modem directly to the Edison based board. It is in this case that I got the
logs that I shared in the previous email. After understanding that this
could be a hardware issue, I tried to reproduce it in the exact same
environment that the original issue has occurred. i connected the USB hub
and all the rest of the USB devices. In this setup, I am unable to
reproduce the issue so far.

So, in short I am not really sure, if this is the same issue that occurred
at the original place.

In order to further debug this, i would like to have a log in the kernel
where it is dumping the USB Modem.Add a log and deploy it to the devices so
that I can capture the exact reason.

Considering my situation if you have some advice, kindly share it with me.

Finally, if it is the hardware problem, where could the fault possibly be?
The USB Modem/USB Hub through which it is Connected/The USB port of Edison
based board?

Sorry for the long email.
I look forward for your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Manty