How to browse the code

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 22:23:44 EDT 2017

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Code Soldier1 <codesoldier1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Folks,

> Can you tell me how to effectively browse linux kernel code. I am
> familiar with lxr etc but they do not do what I want or atleast I do
> not know how to.

> I am looking for something that can list all the places that a certain
> field of a certain structure is used. For example, sk_buff has a field
> called destructor, but so do many other data structures. How do I
> search for places where just the destructor field of sk_buff.

> Thanks a lot.

Ask yourself *how* is the destructor invoked ? You can find *how* here: SKB
socket accounting <http://vger.kernel.org/%7Edavem/skb_sk.html>

So now if you run:
find . -name '*.c' | xargs grep -r -F "skb->destructor"

you will have what you are looking for :)

Hope this helps and this will help: http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/skb.html

<http://vger.kernel.org/%7Edavem/skb_sk.html>
Aruna