Suggestions needed for resolving DT issues between kernel 3.10 and 4.4

Fawad Lateef fawadlateef at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 04:38:53 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am facing some issues with device-trees (I am fairly new to them)
and need some pointers about how to approach below problem:

I got some I.MX6Q based hardware (some custom made whose hardware
details are unknown to me). Hardware shipped with 3.10.53 kernel with
full sources and everything is working on it

Trying to get one of the recent kernel working on it (linux-4.4, from
linux-linaro-stable with rt patches). I can compile the kernel and
boot into it using 3.10.xx kernel compiled DTB but getting Warning at
boot-time "Outdated DT detected, suspend/resume will NOT work" and few
main hardware components not working (mainly ethernet(s) - 1 out of 4
ports working though, MTD/NAND (for u-boot environment))

So I looked into compiling the DTS (from 3.10 kernel) for 4.4 and
managed to get it compiled. Now no warning of outdated DT _but_ still
hardware components not working.

I was assuming that as hardware is still same for both kernel 3.10 and
4.4, so it should work, but seems like something in DT is off for 4.4
kernel.

Any help and suggestions will be good enough for me to look into above issue.

Thanks and regards,

-- Fawad Lateef