memblock_reserve or memblock_remove to reserve a page

Nikhil Utane nikhil.subscribed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:17:42 EDT 2016

Thank You MH Chen for your response.

So does that mean with memblock_reserve(), a kernel module can call
phys_to_virt(), create a linear mapping and modify that memory?
Where as with memblock_remove(), a kernel module can call ioremap() and
then modify the memory?

What would explain that only in some runs the memory is modified and in
some runs it is not (for both the functions)? Shouldn't this
reserved/removed memory never be modified unless someone is directly trying
to write to that specific page?

-Regards
Nikhil