Fwd: Kernel information about organization of DRAM

Babis Chalios babisel10 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:52:15 EDT 2016

Hello,

I m trying to find out whether the kernel represents somehow the
organization of the main memory in finer granularity than memory nodes,
e.g. DIMMS, DRAM devices, etc.
I understand that information about physical memory in architectures
like ARM64 might be provided as part of the DTS and overriden by the
bootloader but I couldn't find if/how that level of information is kept
in the kernel after booting.

Also, I took a look in the code related to memory hotplugging, assuming
that there would be some information there regarding whether a DIMM is
online or offline, but this didn't help either.

Any directions on where to look?

Babis