dirty page throttling?

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:29:25 EDT 2016

I was told that it had something to do with balance_dirty_pages(), but how
do I allow my system to dirty as much data as it wants to?

I'm running a world simulation with a lot of I/O churn, and I'm trying to
get my system to

1.  Let it dirty as much data as it wants to, even booting out anon or
filecache to do so up to /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio

2.  When it wants to writeback, don't throttle how much gets moved from
Dirty to Writeback, but basically dump the entire load in one go and let
the I/O scheduler digest it.