USB device debugging

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed May 25 07:06:55 EDT 2016

Narasimha M <mnarasimha786 at gmail.com> writes:

> I am able to see the corrupted data in rx_complete itself.

Then the only likely source is the device.  In theory it could be the
host controller, but that is very unliekely unless you use some
out-of-tree driver there too.

You can easily verify that usbnet can be ruled out by follwing the
earlier usbmon advice.

> What are
> the possibilities for the data corruption in rx_complete. Any fixes to
> resolve this. And from where the data in rx_submit generates

rx_submit allocates new buffers using __netdev_alloc_skb_ip_align() like
many other network drivers.

Bjørn