How to locally maintain an end-of-life kernel branch?

Michael Harless mharless at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:21:52 EDT 2016

Hi,

Sorry if this is covered somewhere, I haven't been able to find much yet in
my searches.

I'm working on a project using the LTS 3.14 kernel, but I'll need to be
supporting it long after official support ends on kernel.org for the
branch.  Are there any pointers or suggestions on how to monitor for
security and bug fixes that I'll need to pull in and merge myself?  I'm
watching the lkml for patches and trying to follow the latest changes via
git, but I'm sure that I'll miss things in all of the traffic.  Thanks!

--Mike