How to initialize the new attributes in process control block.

Youcun Liu liuyoucun1993 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 05:16:32 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am now working on building my own linux kernel and I want to add a new
attribute into the process control block. Then I will feed some data to the
new attribute from a user application. Finally I want to use the date to
improve the some original kernel algorithm(e.g process schduling).

I tried to initialize the new attribute directly in the 'task_struct',
obviously, it failed. So I decide to initialize the new attribute at the
very beginning, but I do not know how. Besides, I have trouble in finding
out which function can help me feed data to the new attribute.

Could you please give me some suggestions and help? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Youcun Liu