How to fast master kernel

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue May 10 17:58:46 EDT 2016

On Tue, 10 May 2016 16:58:26 -0400, "Robert P. J. Day" said:

>   not sure who it was (maybe even valdis) who once said, "Saying you
> want to get into kernel programming but have no idea where to start so
> can someone give you suggestions is like saying you want to write a
> book but don't know what to write about so can someone give you any
> ideas."

Yeah, that was me...

I'm also the one who said that we're approaching the point where the number
of people who are actually qualified to do serious hacking on the kernel
innards (like the scheduler, vfs, etc, not just a driver) is on the
same order of magnitude as the number of people qualified to be Formula-1
race car mechanics....