GSoC: RFC: fbdev fbtft auxdisplay or IIO

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Sat Mar 5 12:02:09 EST 2016

Hi GregKH,

In looking around what I could do in the mid-future, possibly as a GSoC
project (?), I have 2 questions:

Is there active ongoing work on getting rid of drivers/auxdisplay? There
are 2 drivers left in there... If not, would that be desired?

What is the status of fbtft? Moving drivers *in* to staging feels wrong,
but fbtft isn't yet present in the main tree. I would guess that fbtft
is where these auxdisplay drivers could go. Would you put them into
another area? fbdev?

Different topic: IIO: I have ideas for mma8452 driver additions, and
along this way, additions to the iio sysfs ABI. Would it make sense to
lay this out and make a project out of it?

Thanks for your time and work,

                          martin
--
Martin Kepplinger