Identifying whether a pci device is x1, x4, x8 or x16

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:47:28 EDT 2016

Thanks all!

So I see in the example sent by Mork that the slot, which is
represented by LnkCap,  is with Speed of 5GT/s:
LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x8, ASPM L0s, Exit Latency L0s
<512ns, L1 <4us

Is there a way to find out whether the slot is PCI Gen 3 or PCI Gen 2
or other (there are
PCI Gen 1, and not so common but I think that PCI Gen4 are arriving) ?

Regards,
Kevin