Doubt regarding clk_prepare / clk_enable

Shubhrajyoti Datta omaplinuxkernel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:41:11 EDT 2016

hi ,

I have a doubt about the clk_prepare vs clk_enable.

Currently I see all the users/drivers of clk_enable from process
context in my platform.

There is a bit to write to enable the clocks since clk_enable cannot  sleep
spinlocks are used.

I was thinking since  there is no users can the spinlocks be replaced with
mutex and the function of enabled  be assigned to prepare instead.

However I see similar implementations do option1.

Can clk_prepare also enable the clocks also.

With Regards,
Shubhrajyoti