Building modules: missing scripts/basic/Makefile

Steven Laabs swlaabs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:55:06 EDT 2016

> Hi Steven, please verify the headers are correctly installed by running:
> dpkg -s linux-headers-$(uname -r) .
>
> If they are not properly installed please run:
> apt-get install kernel-headers-$(uname -r)
>
> You should be able to build :)
>
> Good luck - Aruna

Hi Aruna,

I ran dpkg -s linux-headers-$(uname -r) and the status indicated it was all installed ok. Just to be sure I reinstalled it as well as the dependencies (linux-headers-3.16.0-4-common and linux-kbuild-3.16). Reinstalling them seems to have not made any difference as my Makefile is still looking for a Makefile that does not seem to exist (which ultimately should be located in /usr/src/linux-kbuild-3.16/scripts/basic/).