Trying to debug interrupt flood after unbind

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 05:38:30 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 04:38:37PM -0400, Rob Groner wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-05-31 at 13:14 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 06:41:24PM +0000, Rob Groner wrote:
> > > I am trying to load a driver for an Exar serial chip, but that chip is gobbled
> > > up by the 8250 driver on boot.
> >
> > Why does the in-kernel driver not support this chip?  Do you have a
> > pointer to the Exar source anywhere?
>
> This is kind of an ongoing topic since around December.

yes, and new driver was provided to have the gpio as a separate platform
driver which was also tested by Rob and he confirmed that everything is
working as expected. But the reviews asked for a total rewrite with the
exar codes split out from 8250_pci, and i got busy with a change of
dayjob. If you want to have a look at the final version that was
submitted then it is at:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg20859.html

I thought to do it this weekend but I will be again travelling to UK
this weekend so again postponed for atleast one month.

Regards
Sudip