gpio-led driver

Gadre Nayan gadrenayan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 00:13:02 EDT 2016

Hi,

OF stands for open firmware, OF uses a format to represent platform
information, which is called a device tree.

An example of how the driver extracts information from device  tree:

#if defined(CONFIG_OF)
static const struct of_device_id dali_of_ids[] =
{
       { .compatible = "arm,dali_gpio", },
       {},
};

MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(of, dali_of_ids);
#endif

static struct platform_driver dali_driver = {
        .driver = {
                        .name = "dali_gpio",
                        .of_match_table = of_match_ptr(dali_of_ids),
        },
        .probe = Dali_probe,
        .remove = Dali_remove,
};

The driver is going to fetch information from the device tree later on
(in probe) using the compatible property mentioned. So if the tree has
the same compatible string then subsequent information can be obtained
from that device tree node.

Thanks