pci device driver

Rabinarayan Panigrahi rabi.kernel.2012 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 02:11:17 EST 2016

Hi,

At first I would like to say thanks to Saumendra Das and Greg KH for your
response and I believe 8250/16550 family of Serial Driver is really good to
start as it easily available in market.

I am completely new to this PCI device driver so I just wanted to know that
how kernel build pci_dev structure during pci initialization time. what are
the pci function are being called and if I take 8250 server family then how
interaction is happens between kernel and pci device.

To know more about this i went to below files

drivers\tty\serial\8250\8250_pci.c
drivers\pci (some files)

Please suggest me if i am going anything wrong.

Regards
Rabi