Developing environments used for kernel development

Geyslan G. Bem geyslan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:37:46 EST 2016

> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 11:57:32AM -0200, Daniel. wrote:
>> I had heard about emacs server, but never tried it.. This should fix the
>> starting time, but not the learning curve :)
>
> You can wrap emacsclient to automatically start emacs --daemon with a
> script like this:
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     exec emacsclient -a '' -c "$@"
>
> You may also want to pre-compile your elisp files.

Themes may not load correctly when using emacs as daemon. But you can
fix (tweak) it with

;; theme
(defvar my:theme 'distinguished)
(defvar my:theme-window-loaded nil)
(defvar my:theme-terminal-loaded nil)

(if (daemonp)
    (add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions(lambda (frame)
                       (select-frame frame)
                       (if (window-system frame)
                           (unless my:theme-window-loaded
                         (if my:theme-terminal-loaded