Kernel Panic in FIPS mode

Tapas Sarangi tapas.sarangi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:01:02 EST 2016

Thanks. I understand your point, but I am one of those people who
simply can't do an upgrade to the LTS kernel. Again, I think this
doesn't necessarily answer my question about FIPS and kernel panic.

An additional note, older kernels (2.6.x) and its RH derivatives,
works fine when started under FIPS mode.

I am sure I am missing some basics when turning the OS to run under
FIPS mode, which is why this email to the experts :-)