Distributed Process Scheduling Algorithm

Nitin Varyani varyani.nitin1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 23:48:26 EST 2016

No doubt it is really interesting. It is a research project. The project is
related to HPC clusters. I am as of now planning only to make the process
scheduling algorithm distributed. Linux has already implemented SMP using
Completely Fair Scheduler and I was thinking was of extending it for
distributed systems. Two things need to be added to it:
1) Sending process context via network
2) Maintaining a table at each node which stores the load of each remote
node. This table will be used to make a decision whether to send a process
context along the network or not. Thanks for your kind help.