Distributed Process Scheduling Algorithm

Nitin Varyani varyani.nitin1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 11:05:28 EST 2016

 Hi,
I am given a task to design a distributed process scheduling algorithm.
Current distributed OS are patch work over the linux kernels, that is, they
are responsible for load balancing through process migration but the
scheduling is taken care by the single machine linux kernels. My task is to
make the scheduling algorithm itself as distributed. That is a scheduler
itself makes a decision whether to migrate a task or to keep the task in
the current system.  I need some design aspects of how to achieve it.
Another thing which I want to know is that whether this job is possible for
a kernel newbie like me. Need urgent help.
Nitin