Sending a patch with git-email and a gmail account

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 14:36:30 EST 2016

Hi,
I tried to send a patch with git-email account following tutorials I
found on the web.

I got and error saying "Unable to initialize SMTP..."

I saw that many others get this error.

I tried many solutions, but the only thing that worked was by going
the gmail account setting, to "Sign-in & security" and to
set "Allow less secure apps: " to be on.

see in the "Answers" section in:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28038662/unable-to-initialize-smtp-properly-using-git

Did anyone encounter this issue ?

My question is: is there another way ? I am not happy to set "Allow
less secure apps:" to be on, as this
makes the security of my email account less strong, so it seems.

Regards,
Kevin