disable input event device

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun Dec 4 05:33:46 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 07:18:50PM +0200, Ran Shalit wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 02:43:30PM +0200, Ran Shalit wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > Is there some way to disable input event device ?
>     > Maybe a way to disable its irq usage ?
>     >
>     > I actually rather do that from shell, not from kernel, because the kernel
>     > source is not available, and I thought that issue is also relevant in the
>     > forum.
>
>     But the Linux kernel source is available, why not just not load the
>     driver for the device you are wanting to not be "connected"?
>

> Hi Greg,
>
> I am trying to do that from android, in a device where the kernel source is not
> available :( .....
> By the way, I think the company (No.1 for D6 smartwatch) should supply the
> source because kernel is GPL , Right ?

Yes it is, please contact the company about this to get the source code
for your device.  If you have problems with this, please try the Linux
Foundation's form for this type of thing at:
	https://www.linuxsources.org/content/open-compliance-directory-request-contact-information
as it works really well.

> Therefore I try to achieve it by doing some actions in shell.

Disconnect the device from the driver by writing the device id to the
"unbind" sysfs file for the driver that is controling the device.
Examples of how to do this in detail should be on the web somewhere, I
think I wrote a lwn.net article about this a long time ago...

good luck!

greg k-h