Send packets from userspace program to kernel interface

Alan Liddell alan.c.liddell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:56:00 EDT 2016

On Tuesday 16 August 2016 10:42:13 A.M. IST Bhaskar Upadhyayula wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I am not sure how this will achieve what I want. Can you please
> explain a bit more?
>
> Thanks.

Well, if you're truly sampling and not just capturing every packet, then in theory there's a nonzero probability that sending the packet back out, addressed to 127.0.0.1 but otherwise unchanged, will not be captured again and then traverse up the kernel's networking stack as usual. Is this not what you want?