USB gadget mode in laptop

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Aug 5 14:53:53 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 11:42:22PM +0530, Susanoo Tux wrote:
> I think all the laptop manufacturers are closely depending on windows and don't
> enable the device mode (OTG) or I can say they don't put the OTG
> supported controller :(.

It's the latter, there is no OTG supported controller in your laptop,
nor would it ever make sense to add such a thing for a "normal" consumer
device as there is nothing that anyone could plug into their laptop in
that mode that would work.

Now with USB-C connections, and newer hardware, we might see this
happening in a year or so, but give companies time to get the hardware
made properly, it's still not quite done...

good luck!

greg k-h