UIO driver test

Gadre Nayan gadrenayan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:29:12 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to test a dummy UIO driver to get timer interrupt events
in Userspace.

I register the UIO driver as a platform driver:

static struct platform_device *uio_dummy_device;

static struct device_driver uio_dummy_driver = {
        .name           = "uio_dummy",
        .bus            = &platform_bus_type,
        .probe          = uio_dummy_probe,
        .remove         = uio_dummy_remove,
        .shutdown       = uio_dummy_shutdown,
};

/*
 * Main initialization/remove routines
 */
static int __init uio_dummy_init(void)
{
        printk("uio_dummy_init( )\n" );
        uio_dummy_device = platform_device_register_simple("uio_dummy", -1,
                                                           NULL, 0);
        if (IS_ERR(uio_dummy_device))
                return PTR_ERR(uio_dummy_device);

        return driver_register(&uio_dummy_driver);
}

So after the driver_register() My probe should be called but it isn't.

Why is this happening.

Thanks
Nayan