Which git for developing patch?

Rob Groner rgroner at RTD.com
Thu Sep 24 16:03:53 EDT 2015

I am developing a patch for the 8250_pci.c file.  Looking at the MAINTAINERS file for 8250 serial, it listed a git repo so I checked that out and figured that was what I should make it from.  However, it won't build for me (openssl/bio.h is missing) after a cloning.

Am I supposed to use the git repo shown in the MAINTAINERS file (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty.git) or some different one for making a patch for a serial file?

Thank you.

Rob Groner
Software Engineer Level II