Question about "Creating first patch" guide

慕冬亮 mudongliangabcd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 02:47:44 EDT 2015

> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 8:51 AM, 慕冬亮 <mudongliangabcd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know whether my procedure to generate patch is right.Share it
>> with you and you can comment it ,feed back to me!
>>
>> First, I change the document in the master branch, but don't commit to
>> master branch. Then I use "git diff" to generate the patch.
>
> Why not commit?
> A simple way to do this would be.
Why do I not commit? Because I don't this easy method to generate patch file.
I read SubmittingPatches, just to understand I can use git diff to get my patch.
Then I don't search any advanced, good method.
This shows that I am not familiar with git.

> 1. Make changes as per requirements
> 2. Commit them
> 3. Use `git format-patch` to generate patches.
"git format-patch" is great. The format is very nice to read.

> 4. Check using checkpatch
> 5. `Use git send-email` to mail those patches to the required list.
But I don't find git "send-email" in my system. I test in git 2.1.4
and git 2.5.1 on my Debian.
Search it , I find I lost a package git-email.

I still have much to learn.Thank you.
    - mudongliang