Preceding a method call with (void)

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:04:03 EDT 2015

Hi,
Well, there are rare cases in the kernel when you add (void) before calling
the method. For example, if the method returns int or other type and you
want to emphasize that you are aware of that and deliberately not check the
return value.
See for example:
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/acpi/acpica/tbxfload.c#L156

Regards,