How to reserve physical address space region

sahlot arvind asahlot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 23:53:10 EDT 2015

Hi,

Is there an API kernel exposes to use for a driver in order to reserve
physical address space?
I mean I want to reserve 5GB (or more if allowed) of contiguous physical
address space anywhere in the address range (wherever it is available..
doesn't matter) and then I want to map that physical address range in the
kernel to get a virtual address so that my driver can dereference that
virtual pointer to access the mapped physical address range.

Thanks in advance!
Sahlot