How to mark suspicious code?

Ivan Safonov insafonov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:28:31 EST 2015

On 11/06/2015 08:58 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 08:45:46AM +0700, Ivan Safonov wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> How can I mark suspicious code, if I can not fix it?
> What do you mean by "mark"?
Leave a comment in the code, write a letter to maintainer, etc.
What to do?
> And also what do you mean by "suspicious"?
This is the wrong code that needs to be corrected.
> And why can't you fix it?
>
> we need more details.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h
Correction of the code will change the behavior of the program.
For example:

     while (1) {
         if (down_interruptible(&pcmdpriv->cmd_queue_sema))
             break;

         if (padapter->bDriverStopped || padapter->bSurpriseRemoved) {
             break;
         }
_next:
         if (padapter->bDriverStopped || padapter->bSurpriseRemoved) {
             break;
         }
         if (!pcmd)
             continue;
         goto _next;
     }
     up(&pcmdpriv->terminate_cmdthread_sema);

Here down_interruptible(sem) in the loop but up(sem) only after the loop.
Corrected example below:

     if (down_interruptible(&pcmdpriv->cmd_queue_sema)) {
     }
     while (1) {
         if (padapter->bDriverStopped || padapter->bSurpriseRemoved) {
             break;
         }
_next:
         if (padapter->bDriverStopped || padapter->bSurpriseRemoved) {
             break;
         }
         if (!pcmd)
             continue;
         goto _next;
     }
     }
     up(&pcmdpriv->terminate_cmdthread_sema);

I can not test the corrected code on the device.