How to install a older version kernel on new OS?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri May 22 05:06:53 EDT 2015

Gao Peng <peng.gao.dut at gmail.com> writes:

> I am using fedora 21,and kernel version is 3.17 but I compile a 2.6.32
> kernel and install it,

That does not make sense.  Really.

> when I reboot I got error :"too old kernel",

Which is correct.  Note that this is still correct even if you can make
that warning go away.

> how Can I install a rather older kernel on a new system,is there some
> way fix it?

Install some ancient distro that came with a 2.6.32 kernel.  It will
have all the matching userspace applications.

But this seems like a complete waste-of-time project.  Care to share the
reasons why you'd want to do something like that?

Bjørn