vulnerability use-after-free

Giedrius Statkevičius giedrius.statkevicius at gmail.com
Sun May 17 13:51:36 EDT 2015

On Wed, 13 May 2015, 慕冬亮 wrote:

> Use-after-free is a important vulnerability ! As far as we know , Linux kernel is mostly using C and there may exist this vulnerability! I think in the kernel there
> are much allocator and reallocator , how do the kernel manage these things?mudongliang

Most of the time "struct kobject" is used to count references to that object.
Also, there are functions _get() and _put() that increase/decrease reference
count. So if the reference count ever becomes equal to 0 we know that we can
free() it and no one references it anymore.

More reading on this in LDD3:
https://lwn.net/images/pdf/LDD3/ch14.pdf

Su pagarba / Regards,
Giedrius