Raw binary Image of linux

chirag garg chiragdthinker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 00:04:49 EDT 2015

Hello ,

I perform the following steps to run linux kernel on imx6:

Download 3.18 kernel from www.kernel.org
Make steps:
make CROSSarm-linux-gnueabi- ARCH=arm imx_v6_v7_defconfig
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- ARCH=arm uImage LOADADDR=10001000

cp linux-3.18.4/arch/arm/boot/uImage Sd_card
Run uImage on the imx6 board...

Output :

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 10800000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-3.18.4
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    5445640 Bytes =  5.2 MB
   Load Address: 10001000
   Entry Point:  10001000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

what could be the problem in this ? why Is this kernel not able start on
imx6 platform ?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Chirag Garg