Can add new module without upgrade the kernel?

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:50:26 EDT 2015

On 31 March 2015 at 01:18,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 22:58:12 +0800, Woody Wu said:
>
>> FFC3 3.1.0-ffc3mb-00050-g5874787 # pwd
>
> Wow.  Git bisect gone incredibly wrong?  How did you end up running *that*
> kernel?

Hi, Guys

I found out the problem, it's my fault.  My change of the
scripts/setlocalversion has a bug, that messed up the version-magic of
the resulted modules and the version-magic has incorrect format, so
modprobe refuse to load them.  Now it's fixed.  Thanks!

    -- Schopenhauer

woody
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody at gmail.com)