Sysfs requirement for running generic_buffer.c application - IIO sensors

s.rawat imsaurabhrawat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 01:27:52 EDT 2015

I have two system having different kernel version and drivers(IIO) on which
i can run the generic_buffer.c application .On one system it works fine but
on the other it does not give the input reports data.

I have checked that the system on which it is working has the following
sysfs under /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:deviceX (where X is 1,2,3...)

buffer
dev
in_accel_hysteresis
in_accel_offset
in_accel_sampling_frequency
in_accel_scale
*in_accel_x_raw*

*in_accel_y_raw*
*in_accel_z_raw*
name
power
scan_elements
subsystem
trigger
uevent

This is for accelerometer similiarly for magnetometer
(in_magn_x_raw,_y_raw,z_raw etc) and for Gyrometer (
in_anglvel_x_raw,in_anglvel_y_raw,in_anglvel_z_raw )

and the one on which it is not working has the below sysfs under
/sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:deviceX (where X is 1,2,3...) :

buffer
dev
in_accel_hysteresis
in_accel_offset
in_accel_sampling_frequency
in_accel_scale
name
power
scan_elements
subsystem
trigger
uevent

Is the missing _x_raw,_y_raw and _z_raw component main reason for not
working of the app,.Where I can enable them in the driver?

Thanks and Rgds,
Saurabh