CHECK: Alignment should match open parenthesis

Nicholas Mc Guire der.herr at hofr.at
Fri Mar 13 12:58:55 EDT 2015

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, Jeff Haran wrote:

> [...]

If you look at things like MISRA-C - 200+ "Rules" to follow for safe code
it turns out that basically nobody is able to write MISRA compliant code
under consideration of all 200+ rules unless they have tools that tell them
what is wrong with enough information that it can be fixed. And at the same
time having those rules codified makes it hard (if not impossible) to
update/maintain these rules - lots of which are actually out of date or
overstated but now can't be "fixed" - It might help to have this up on a
web-page/wiki somewhere - but if you put this into Documentation/CodingStyle at
this granularity the rate of people reading and keeping it cache-hot while
coding would sharply decline.

thx!
hofrat